Manuscripts should include the following sections:
- Title page: 1. Article title; 2. Full names of all authors (without academic degree); 3. the institution (s) where the trial was performed 4. Key words in English and Turkish (at most five of each); 5. the name, adress, e-mail, telephone and fax number of the authour responsible for correspondance.
- Abstract: It includes the Turkish and English titles and abstracts of the manuscript. References and abbreviations should not be used. The abstract should be prepared according to the following order and structure.
- Research article: Background and Objective (The first sentence should state the backgroud of the study and the second one should state the hypothessis and the purpose of the trial); Methods (the statistical methodolgy of the trial; whether the trial is prospective, retrospective or randomized, researched cases, samples and methods should be stated); Results (The results of the trial) and Conclusion (The interpretation of the results in one sentence, regarding the hypothesis and the purpose of the trial); Key words (five at most). Abstracts of the research article should not be more than 250 words.
- Case report: Background (statement of the originality of the case or treatment modality in one or two sentences); Cases (The speciality of the case in one or two sentences); Conclusion (What is the contribution of the presented case or treatment modality?): Key Words (not more than three). The case report abstract should not be more than 125 words.
- Review: If it is considered to be neceessor by the authors, the importance of the subject, the result of the literature search and interpretation of the author should be noted in one papagraph. Review article abstract should not be more than 300 words.
- Manuscript: Each manuscript should contain the sections stated below and each section should begin on a new page.
- Research article: Introduction: Hshould state the purpose of the article and summarise the rationale for the study or observation. Methods: The apparatus used in research, clinical and laboratory methods should be identified in sufficient detail and it should be indicated whether the procedures folowed were in accordance with the ethical standarts. Results: The significant results should be presented in the manuscript and the other results sholud be presented in tables and illustrations and repeatings of the data should be awoided. Discussion: The major findings of the study and teir importance should be emphasized in details and should be related to other relavant studies in the literature. Unneccessory and prospective interpretations and repetation of the same information should be avoided. Conclusion: The conclusion of the trial should be briefly and clearly stated and the conclusions should be linked to teh goals of the study and the clinical use of it should be emphasized.
- Case report: should include background; Cases, Discussion
- Review: It should be sectioned by the authors according to the particular subject.
- Letters to the Editor. It should not contain sections.
- Acknowledgment: Information about persons or institutions whose contributions do not justify authorship but provide, general, technical and finincial support should be stated at the end of the manuscript. It should not exceed 4 lines.
" References should be numbered as (2,3,6-8)...... in the order in which they are first mentioned in the text. At the end of the sentence the numbers should be written in parantheses. Reference numbers in the tables should be in the order as in the text.
" Turkish references should be used as well.
" Citing too many references on the same subject shoulde awoided.
" Using abstracts as references should be avoided.
" The titles of the journals should be abbreviated according to the style usedin 1 Index Medicus, journals not listed in the Index Medicusshould be merlioned in full name.
" If there are 6 or less authors, all of them shoulde be written. If the author number is 7or more than 7, the first 6 should be written and the others should be referred as et al.
" While writing the references, the order and the style shoulds be as following.
Journal: Tabor A, Jerne D, Bock JE. Incidence of rhesus immunitazion after genetic amniocentesis. Br Med J 1986; 293:533-6.
Book: Jones KL. Practical Perinatology. New York, Springer-Verlag, 1990;112-9.
Chapter in a book: Siabi BM, Grangieh AY. Eclampsia. In: Gleicher N (Ed). Principles and Practice of Medical Therapy in Pregnancy. 3rd ed. New-York, Appleton&Lange; 1998; p: 1022-7.
İnstitutional manuscript: Institute of Medicine (US). Looking at the future of the Medicaid program. Washington: The Institute; 1992.
- Tables: Each table should be written double-spacing and on a separate sheet of paper. Tables should be numbered by using arabic numbers (as Table 1, Table 2). Tables should not contain internal horizantal or veritcal rules Tables should be numbered consequtively in the order of their first citation in the text and should be written in paranthesees for. Foot notes the following symbols should be used in this sequence +, # , **, ++, # #
- Graphics and İllustrations: It should be printed out on A4 paper and in bold Each graphics or figure should have a number and detailed explanations. Graphics and figures should be numbered by Arabic numerals according to the order in which they have been first cited in the text and should be written in parantheses.
- Pictures and photographs: Photographs should be printed on bright paper. Ultrasound picturesshould be clear to be understood. The explanations and the number of the pictures and photographs should be written on a new paper. On back of the pictures or photographs number and the name of the author should be written with a pencil without scratching. The authors are responsible for the cost of colored prints.
- Other issues: Abbrevations should not be used in title or abstract, when it is used in the article for the first time the words in front of the abbreustion sholud be written in full. Abbreuations other than standart sholud not be used. Onaly the generic names of the drugs should be used. Manufacturer's name, adress, city and country should be included in parantheses when an apparatus is mentioned in the text. In experimental studies, the manuscript should beaccomsanied by a document indicating that the procedures followed were approued by an ethical committee. If a table, figuregraphic or picture were cited from another suorce a written permission from the author should be included as a fastmote.
Electronic Documentation submitting the articles via electronically as well asprint versions (3.5 inch disc, ZIP disc, CD-Rom) the preparation time for publication. For this purpose the following steps should be considered.
The labels of the disc or CD-ROM used. For submitting the documents should include authors name, title, corresponding adress. The files and extentions should be clearly identified. The article files should be prepared with widely used word programs of updated versions. MS-Word is the preferred software. Other PC word programs andASCII format is also acceptable.
For Macintosh formatted files, screen and printer fonts should be loaded to the disk or CD-ROM. Page-setting practices should be avoided. Bold, italic or superscript'subscript many be used. There must be a spacing after nomenclatures after a postrophe () there is no need for a spacing. Tables should be placed at the end of the article in the manuscript file. Table, figure and picture footnotes should also be added at the end of the same file.
Coloured figrures should be saved as RGB (8 bits) in TIF format. If pictures are to be sent as scanned document or recorded image, both its' original scanned form and its' picture program processed from should be prepared seperately. Coloured documents should be saved as RGB (24 bits). Black/white documents should be saved as Grayscale documents with 300 dpi resolution and in TIF format. Black/white drawings should be saved in EPS format, in line mode and with 800 dpi resolution.
Submitting the manuscriptten adlı bölümden önce...coloured figures diye başlayan cümleden o bölümün sonuna kadar silinecek ve yerine bu yazı girecek.
If scannings are colowed dowmantention, RGB (24 bits), ifthery are black/white 300 dpi revolution and in TIF format. Black/white drawings should be reco-ded in EPS format in line mode and with 800 dpi resolution.